This certification course leads to the certification of Certified Orthopedic Manual Therapist and contains all of the information you need reach proficiency in this discipline. All spinal and peripheral joints will covered in detailed and specific diagnosis and biomechnical assessments and manual treatments including mobilization and manipulation, as well as detailed and specific exercises for specific conditions and requirements.
Advanced assessment techniques including a clinically reasoned approach to diagnosis, etiology discovery and treatment will be taught, along with detailed biomechanical examination of the spine, pelvic and peripheral joints.
Treatment technique will include:
- Spinal and peripheral manipulation, selective dry needling techniques
- Spinal and peripheral mobilization
- Neuromuscular rehabilitation and training for stability, mobility, and movement control
- Exercise for pain control, vascular efficiency, tissue healing and mobility.
- Communicating the aims and methods of all treatments and the prognosis
All forms of educational methodology are used, including didacticism, problem solving, tutorials, inquiry based learning and experiential (practical labs).
The course consists of six elements:
- Directed study through reading recommended material.
- Weekly instructional videos
- Weekly synchronous online classes (Zoom sessions) that will be recorded for review and the occasional logistic problems. These will be for review and expansion of the material in the distributed videos and readings and any concerns, questions, comments that students may have. In effect they are tutorials
- Classroom live sessions that will include instruction and practical theoretic materials previously covered or not in the video and zoom sessions:
- Informational instruction
- Inquiry base instruction
- Problem solving
- Assessment and treatment technique instruction and practice
- Periodic self-marked tests to allow you to assess your progress through the material
- Final examinations.
- Online written (multiple choice, multiple select type questions)
Scott Gallant FAAOMPT
Dave Bender FAAOMPT
Jim Meadows FCAMPT
St. Louis, MO
Start to end date with exams
The attendee will pay the $7200 either in full at initial registration OR pay over two installments. The installments will be at the beginning of the program and after Module 4. No refunds
Payments to be mailed to:
1079 Beacon Hill Way,
Colorado Springs, CO 80905
IMPACT reserves the right to cancel or postpone any seminar in the event of insufficient registration, adverse weather causing flight cancellations for the instructor, loss of the use of the facility or any other unavoidable and/or unexpected situations which make the seminar impossible to run.
IMPACT, host facilities, instructors or any other individual who has a direct or indirect role in the operations of IMPACT will not be liable for delay of scheduled courses or seminars, which have become practicably impossible because of circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the applicable parties. Such circumstances include without limitation natural disasters or acts of God; acts of terrorism; labor disputes or stoppages; war; government acts or orders; epidemics, pandemics, or outbreak of communicable disease; quarantines; national or regional emergencies; or any other cause, whether similar in kind to the foregoing or otherwise, beyond the party’s reasonable control.
Registrants will receive a full refund of their fees ONLY if courses are cancelled, but IMPACT cannot be responsible for any out of pocket expenses incurred due to the cancellation.
If the registrant decides to withdrawal from the seminar the following will apply:
- No refunds issued unless for medical and family emergencies, documentation MD is required.
- Credit will be granted for next course series